What we have been doing for our students during COVID-19:
Our classrooms and common areas are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
All cloth puppets and playhouse dress-up clothes have been removed from the classrooms.
Hand sanitizers are placed throughout the campus in common areas.
Colorful informative posters from the CDC are placed throughout the campus.
Adequate inventory of COVID-19 cleaning supplies are always available.
When on Campus
- Students drop off area is in front office of the school and they will be greeted by staff.
- We ask that you drop off in a timely manner.
- Drop off between 7:00am-9:00am. Please call the office if you will be dropping off after 9:00am.
- Staff will be health screened each morning, including taking their temperature.
- Staff will be health screening and taking temperatures of our students, parents, and caregivers each morning as they enter.
- If anyone has a temperature of 100 C or higher, they must be excluded from the facility and will not be able to return to school for 72 hours after the fever has gone away.
- Please bring your own writing pen for signing your child in and out each day.
- Lunches must be completely disposable (Please No Lunch or Bento Boxes) except for a personal/refillable labeled water bottle. Water stations available to refill water bottles.
- Games will be organized for proper social distancing (most of our activities are outside)
- Students will be socially distanced when inside classrooms.
- Frequent Touch points (door handles, chairs, manipulatives, etc.) will be sanitized after every activity and transition. Rooms will be cleaned throughout the day and each night after the students leave, and a deeper cleaning at the end of each week.
- Students cannot bring personal items from home, aside from a jacket and lunch/water bottle. No other toys or electronics allowed.
- Students using the restrooms will be limited to a maximum of 2 at one time.
- Some activities will have an item to take home. Please sanitize any items brought home from the school. Any items left on campus will be disposed of.
- All class sizes have been reduced.
All children over two and a half years old are REQUIRED to wear a mask. Once a mask has fallen or been altered by a student, it has become ineffective; and the student will be asked to put it away. The teacher will disinfect prior to putting the mask away. We ask our parents to leave an extra mask inside a Ziploc in their backpack. The staff will be teaching Health Hygiene Practices. We ask our parents to please go over the use of the bathrooms and washing of hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Virtual learning classes are offered for families that may need this option. Our weekly academic program can be modified to a home school option.
The health and safety of our school community is our number one priority. Parents must communicate with our staff daily on their family health, and keep their student home if any symptoms arise, or a family member has been exposed to COVID-19.
As the CDC, OCHCA, and CDE update their policies, we will also be adjusting our policies to reflect changes. This is a working document.
The Orange County Health Department has rated our specific school situation as a “very low risk environment.” We have a small population of students with a consistent enrollment.
We are aware of the many changes being asked of all of you as we strive to provide the safest most enjoyable learning environment possible for our students, families and staff. Thank you all for your encouragement and support as we navigate this challenging process together. We look forward to seeing you all very soon.